IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE, CONTRACT (outside of IR35) OR PERM
Direct applicants only, no agencies please as we have preferred suppliers already.
Spike are retail technology experts delivering end-to-end, go-live confidence for the biggest retail brands. Learn more about us here: www.wearespike.co.uk.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Spike at a time when we are growing our Performance Engineering practise.
We are looking for a Principal level Performance Engineer to join us, focusing on defining and implementing Performance test/engineering strategies, roadmaps, tools, frameworks & approaches across our growing client portfolio. You will be working across different projects using a wide variety of performance solutions, technologies and tools. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Performance across different clients and applications, the ability to work in complex and challenging environments, and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Own and manage the performance test strategies, tools and techniques
- Identify and recommend the performance testing processes and tools
- Define performance testing solutions and develop workload models, performance testing scripts and scenarios for a wide range of technologies used on our various client engagements
- Supporting the recruitment of new performance testing consultants into the Spike family
- Determine & document detailed performance testing estimates and strategies to allow the Spike sales team to produce the necessary proposals and delivery plans
- Supporting the Spike sales team in the pre-sales process
- Shaping, designing and planning the performance testing service line, including managing the rollout of new services/solutions
- Defining / maintaining the Spike performance testing service definition & supporting assets
- Assisting the marketing team to develop marketing materials and position strategies for the performance services and solutions in conjunction with the Spike marketing message framework
- Conduct regular project visits and reviews to support Spike delivery assurance
- Maintaining a repository for performance testing delivery assets to support and encourage asset re-use
- Lead, guide, train, and mentor Spike consultants across our projects
- Proven experience in defining and developing performance testing strategies and/or approaches for multiple projects
- Previous retail/eCommerce experience
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle Processes and Methodologies
- Experience of Microservice architectures
- Knowledge and experience of web and API load testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling, NeoLoad, LoadRunner
- Experience of integrating load and/or speed testing into CI/CD pipelines
- Exposure to APM tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, NewRelic, Application Insights
- Exposure to data analysis and visualisation tools such as Kibana, Grafana
- As required, able to be hands-on in all aspects of performance testing
- Page speed testing and optimisation experience, i.e. use of Lighthouse, WebPageTest, PageSpeed Insights or similar to provide meaningful insight and prioritised recommendations
- Experience of synthetic and RUM page speed monitoring tools such as mPulse, Blue Triangle, Rigor or similar
- Experience of testing for resiliency & chaos engineering
Salary: £70k - £80k per annum or £500 per day contract (outside of IR35)
Benefits package (perm):
- Annual performance & pay review
- Leave entitlement of 33 days per year + Birthday off as leave
- Leave exchange (buy or sell)
- Pension with auto-enrolment to pension scheme after 1 month
- Training allowance
Spike is an equal opportunities employer.