- Permanent, Full-Time role
- Grade: Senior Consultant
- Salary: £55k - £70k per annum
Direct applicants only, no agencies please as we have preferred suppliers already.
Spike are retail technology experts delivering end-to-end, go-live confidence for the biggest retail brands. Learn more about us here.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Spike at a time when we are growing our Quality Management practice.
We are looking for Test Managers to join our existing team, focusing on defining and implementing testing strategies, roadmaps, tools, framework & approach across our growing client portfolio. You could be working across many different projects using a wide variety of technologies, and tools. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of real retail/ecommerce experience across many different client engagements and the ability to work in complex and challenging environments, with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Working inside our managed services for key clients
- Defining test strategy, process, techniques, organisation, tools, infrastructure, environments and data across a variety of delivery and technology landscapes and methodologies, whilst ensuring an equal balance between both delivery and commercial aspects
- Delivering small/medium test programmes across workstreams, vendors and delivery methodologies
- Determining & documenting detailed test estimates and strategies to allow the Spike sales team to produce the necessary proposals and delivery plans
- Supporting the Spike sales team in the pre-sales process
- Assisting the marketing team to develop marketing materials and position strategies for our services and solutions in conjunction with the Spike marketing message framework
- Support Spike delivery assurance reviews across our projects
- Leading, guiding, training, and mentoring Spike consultants across our projects
- Proven experience in defining and implementing test strategies and/or approaches for multiple projects
- Collaborate with and influence technical and non-technical stakeholders, resources and teams
- Ability to work at senior/strategic and lower level process/technical levels
- Modern Software Development Lifecycle Processes and Methodologies
- Understand evolving technology and test techniques, technologies and tooling
- Previous experience working in the retail industry (optional)
What we offer:
- Personal relationships - We know each other as individuals with social meet ups at least quarterly and a Director open door policy
- Technical consultancy - Challenging technical work with varied projects/clients and internal knowledge management forums
- True flexibility - Remote first approach delivering as teams for clients with expenses paid if needed to travel away from home
- Shared purpose - Owned by practicing consultants with a hand-picked client base in line with Spike principles
- Genuine support – Career coach assigned on joining with career chats when you want them
As well as:
- Competitive pay packages
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days + statutory public holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension with auto-enrolment to pension scheme after 1 month
Spike is an equal opportunities employer