Direct applicants only, no agencies please as we have preferred suppliers already.
Spike are retail technology experts delivering end-to-end, go-live confidence for the biggest retail brands. Learn more about us here: www.wearespike.co.uk.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Spike at a time when we are growing our Performance Engineering practice.
We are looking for Performance Engineers to join us working across our growing client portfolio on different projects using a wide variety of performance solutions, technologies, and tools. You will have a deep understanding of Performance across different clients and applications, the ability to work in complex and challenging environments, and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Identify and recommend performance testing processes and tools
- Define performance testing solutions and develop workload models, performance testing scripts and scenarios for a wide range of technologies used on our various client engagements
- Maintaining a repository for performance testing delivery assets to support and encourage asset re-use
- Proven experience of performance testing across multiple clients/projects
- Previous retail/eCommerce experience
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle Processes and Methodologies
- Experience of Microservice and Cloud architectures
- Knowledge and experience of web and API load testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling, NeoLoad, LoadRunner
- Page speed testing and optimisation experience, i.e. use of Lighthouse, WebPageTest, PageSpeed Insights or similar to provide meaningful insight and prioritised recommendations
- Experience of testing for resiliency & chaos engineering
- Experience of integrating load and/or speed testing into CI/CD pipelines
- Exposure to APM tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics, NewRelic, Application Insights
- Exposure to data analysis and visualisation tools such as Kibana, Grafana
Grade: Senior Engineer
Salary: £55k - £75k per annum
- Annual performance & pay review
- Leave entitlement of 25 days per year + Birthday off as leave + statutory public holidays
- Leave exchange (buy or sell)
- Pension with auto-enrolment to pension scheme after 1 month
- Training allowance
Spike is an equal opportunities employer